Attending Super Bowl parties are the one perk of this totally male-owned day (for me, the fact that it’s my birthday that day just adds to the fun) that everyone can enjoy.
If you’re looking to impress the guys around you (or, just one specific guy), there are key things you should do and should not do in order to come off as the fun, football-appreciating goddess that you may (or may not) be.
I asked the guys in my life about what would impress them and here’s what they said:
- If you’re not into the game, replenish snacks (without blocking the TV). Having full bowls of dip and bottles of beer is a small and easy way to keep the guys happy.
- Take an interest in the game and (pretend to) enjoy watching it.
- Ask questions! But not ones like, “What is a touchdown?” or “Who’s playing?”
- Get into the spirit and wear a jersey. A football game is not the time to break out the heels or trendy outfit.
- Change the channel. Ever.
- Pretend to know what you’re talking about when you don’t. It’s better not to say anything.
- Sit on your guy’s lap. This isn’t a romantic couple’s movie night where you should be getting cuddly.
- Talk throughout the entire game or be distracting… especially during the 4th quarter.
- Complain or pout.
Will you be attending a Super Bowl party with your crush this year? Let us know in a comment!