That time of year is here again, where we all update our resumes, write endless numbers of cover letters and pray that after sending out dozens of emails, you get the interview (or any type of response at all).
It’s time to begin your internship hunt.
When you’re looking to intern in fashion or beauty, the possibilities are endless and the competition is always fierce. But where do you start your search?
- Ed 2010: If you’re looking to intern at a magazine, this should be your first stop. Ed lists internships in every noteworthy mag, whether you’re interested in working in a fashion closet or in the art department.
- Intern Queen: As you know, I’m a huge believer in the Intern Queen. On her site, you can upload your resume and apply to any listing that interests you rather than reaching out individually to different companies via email.
- Free Fashion Internships: This site features internships in every area of fashion, from design to PR to sales and includes top designers and brands.
- PR Couture: Their internship/job area is home to some of the most coveted fashion/beauty PR internships.
- Intern Sushi: This up-and-coming site features not only fashion internships, but ones in PR/advertising, music, entertainment, sports and film. They also have some great resources.
- PR Closet: Written by Alexis Rodriguez, the Executive Director of Public Relations for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, this blog is the ultimate resource for any PR-maven-wannabe. She also features job and internship posts on a regular basis!
- Fashionista: Fashionista’s career section features posts from stylists, PR firms, cosmetic companies, and designers who are seeking interns.
None of these sites have what you’re looking for? List your top 10-20 favorite brands/designers and search their website, LinkedIn or Google around for information about internship opportunities, or a contact in a department you’d be interested in working in.
Or, be brave enough to cold call and find out if the company has an internship coordinator that you can contact!