While my makeup stash is a little obsessive and occupies a full drawer in my room at school (a deep drawer that is meant to hold clothing might I add), when it comes down to it, there are only a handful of products that I wouldn’t be able to survive without.
I’m always a big drugstore-beauty-aisle advocate (since you can experiment with looks without emptying your bank account), but these 9 products are the staples to my morning routine, and completely worth their price tags. While my eyeshadow and lipstick may vary, these babies don’t go anywhere.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm ($3) – Each bag I own has at least one chapstick housed in it, and it’s always a Burt’s Bees one. While I like Jack Black Lip Balm ($7.50) too, Burt’s Bees is more widely available (and cheaper) for when I hit the bottom of the tube. It hydrates instantly, and the minty flavor is totally kissable.
- NARS Illuminator in ‘Orgasm’ ($29) – NARS’s ‘Orgasm’ products are a cult-favorite, and the illuminator version is no different. It provides that sexy, healthy, dewy glow that every girl lusts after.
- NARS Bronzing Powder in ‘Laguna’ ($33) – This bronzer is absolute perfection: not too glittery, you can build it up, and unless you’re hoping to achieve a Snooki-esque look, you’ll never look orange. This is the one product that has me constantly hitting tin from how often I use it.
- Moroccan Oil ($40.49) – While Moroccan Oil is definitely not a budget-friendly hair product, it’s one splurge that I always recommend. Since you need a dime-sized drop to hydrate your entire head, it lasts longer than you’d expect, and the smell is absolutely addicting. My hair has never been silkier.
- Benefit ‘They’re Real!’ Mascara ($22) – I discovered this mascara after being given a sample at Sephora this summer, and I haven’t looked back. The formula is thick and very black, so it does require a lighter hand, but it gives your lashes length and thickness that blows every other mascara I’ve tried out of the water.
- MAC Blush in ‘Mocha’ ($19.50) – Blush is my new obsession when it comes to makeup, and this one is by far the most flattering and understated one I’ve tried. I even got 3 of my friends, all with different skin tones, addicted to it, too.
- Sephora Collection Mono Eyeshadow in ‘Must Have 06’ ($12) – I apply this eyeshadow with an angled brush to get the perfect eyeliner. It stays on all night and never ends up as giving you raccoon eye as many cream shadows/liners do.
- Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation in ‘Soft Beige’ ($7.13) – I use this foundation (with a sponge) as my concealer on my forehead, around my nose and on my chin. It literally erases any blemishes you may have.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector ($9.59) – Unfortunately, due to genetics, I have dark bags under my eyes. This concealer lightens them and can also act as a concealer elsewhere on your face.
What are your cosmetic bag essentials? Let us know in a comment!