Each New Year, hundreds of resolutions are made, but most aren’t kept. Many people have extreme notions of how they’ll improve themselves: quit eating junk food cold turkey, stop smoking, find the perfect guy.
Instead, why not have a few simple resolutions that you can actually stick to that will still improve your well-being? Here are some easy beauty resolutions to add to your list to keep you looking (and feeling) your best in 2012:
- Wash your makeup off each and every night. We all know that whether you’re a college girl or a recent post-grad, time is always of the essence, but skipping this simple step can lead to breakouts, blackheads, etc.
- Speaking of time… start sleeping more! Get 7-9 hours a night, and you’ll start seeing the difference.
- Moisturize your face (and body!) before bed and in the morning. In a few years, you’ll be saying botox, schmotox. And don’t even bother picking up lotions without SPF.
- Give yourself (or treat yourself to) a weekly manicure. This small indulgence will keep you feeling clean and pretty.
- Opt for your blowdryer instead of your flat iron more often. Less direct heat on your hair, less breakage and split ends. Plus, a blowdryer delivers way more body and oomph. If you insist on daily ironing, start using heat protecting spray beforehand.
- Finally find your signature scent! Collect samples from stores like Sephora or department stores and test them each day. Get reactions from your friends, family and boyfriend. It may be a game of trial and error, but once you find yours, you’ll feel naked stepping out of your house without it on.
- Simplify your makeup bag. Often, less is more. Decide which items are your staples and which are just a waste of space and start purging!
- Keep things interesting. Change the way you part your hair. Try a bold shade of lipstick. Stop being afraid of liquid liner. As long as it’s temporary, you won’t regret taking the risk.
- Drink more water! Do I even have to explain?
- Grow out your brows. Yes, you heard me. Grow them. Then, pay a professional to shape them. After that one time fee, you’ll only have to maintain them. I’m in the process of doing this myself!
What are your beauty resolutions this year? Let us know in a comment!