Once or twice a week in my house (I live with 12 other girls), some of us do what we call “spa”: we throw our hair into messy buns, wash our faces diligently and put on a thick layer of Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Masque.
We discovered this amazing face mask after one of my friends brought it home, and ever since, the bottles in our house have multiplied and we’ve become certified addicts. All too often, I’ll hear someone yelling through the house asking where the “spa” is.
I’m not sure exactly what kind of magic Queen Helene infused into this mask, but I do know that when I wake up the morning after spa-ing, my skin looks unbelievable and any pimples or blemishes I had have been reduced significantly if not completely disappeared. One of my housemates has even begun using it as a spot treatment instead of a full-on face mask for quick results.
To “spa” at home…
- Wash your face (I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash). Make sure your skin is completely clean and makeup-free
- Apply a layer of Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Masque, making sure you avoid eyes and lips
- Turn on the music and have a dance party as you let the mask dry. It’s dry when the color lightens (usually, it takes 15-20 minutes)
- Use a wet, warm washcloth to gently remove the mask
- Moisturize! (I alternate between Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer and Jergens Natural Glow Daily Facial Moisturizer in Medium to Tan)
Have you tried Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Masque? If you have, what do you think of it? Do you use any type of mask on a regular basis? Let us know in a comment!