This weekend, for a night out in the city, I created a look using Guerlain Terracotta bronzer in 4 Seasons, Sephora’s eyeshadow palette in Walking on the Moon, Benefit’s They’re Real! mascara (out in July), LA Splash eyeshadow sealer/base and liquid eyeliner in Charcoal, Illamasqua cream blusher in Rude and Sonia Kasuk brushes to create a smoky (but not too overdone) nighttime look. Here’s how to do it at home:
- Step 1: Apply Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons bronzer to cheeks, bridge of nose and forehead to get a sunkissed look.
- Step 2: Apply LA Splash’s eyeshadow sealer/base to eyelid using wand. Smooth over eyelid with fingertip.
- Step 3: Cover entire lid with the gold shadow in Sephora’s eyeshadow palette (labeled B on the package). I started with a brush to build up intensity, but then blended into my lid with my fingertip to avoid creasing.
- Step 4: Using an eyeshadow brush (or your fingertip), apply the gunmetal shadow (labeled D on the package) into the crease of your eyelid and blend outward to the corner.
- Step 5: Take a thin tipped eyeshadow brush with the black colored shadow (labeled E on the package) and blend into the gunmetal powder on the crease to create more depth. Depending on how sexy of a look you’re going for, add intensity.
- Step 6: Line top lashes with LA Splash’s liquid eyeliner in Charcoal. I prefer a thin line, to keep my eyes looking wide.
- Step 7: Apply two coats of Benefit They’re Real! mascara.
- Step 8: Using two fingers, blend Illamasqua cream blusher in Rude onto cheeks and blend upwards, towards temples to give a natural, sunkissed look. Apply clear lipgloss or balm if desired.
- Step 9: Admire your final product!