While walking through the city, it’s undeniable that neons and neutrals are two of the hottest trends right now… But the best part is the way everyone’s mixing together these two color palettes.
I’ve seen girls with neutral, everyday bags that they’ve probably owned for years weaving neon-colored ribbon through the chains, or tying on a crazy bright scarf. I’ve also seen plain-Jane shift dresses in neutral colors become a totally different animal with a pair of bright, color blocked heels. The possibilities of this trend are endless.
For work, I’ll definitely be pairing a bright colored tank top or shoes with muted pants and a blazer. Here are some great pieces you can mix-and-match to come out with the ultimately cool mix of neons and neutrals.
- Platform Sandals – Zara
- Ring – Topshop
- Monokini – Charlotte Russe
- Feather Earring – Peacocks
- Camera Bag – River Island
- Nail Polish in Gamma – Illamasqua
- Friendship Bracelet – Michelle Roy
- Watch – John Lewis
- Leather Pouch – American Apparel
- Scarf – Topshop
- Jeans – Dorothy Perkins
- Skirt – Pleasure Doing Business
- Nail Polish in Sarah Smile – Deborah Lippmann
- Tank Top – Agent NinetyNine
- Lipgloss in Striptease – NARS
- Watch – Timex
- Heels – ALDO
- Bag – Zara
- Bikini – H&M
- Bangles – ALDO