I’m a very minimalistic person, and after reading Cheap Chica’s 11 must-haves for 2011, I got to thinking about my own top 10 list. Here’s my own top 10 list of must-haves that I could never go without:
1) Ray Ban Outdoorsman Aviators ($110): When my mom first bought me these aviators off of Ideeli, I hated them. After buying cheap Forever 21 sunglasses my entire life, if I was finally getting Ray Bans, I wanted plain, black-lensed-gold-rimmed ones! But, after taking these bad boys on vacation with me this year, I realized how amazing they truly are. The blue is so flattering, and the brow bar adds an unique touch to this timeless design.
2) Canon Powershot SD1300 IS ($130): I love pictures. After 2 crappy cameras that each broke after a year of use, I invested in this Powershot over the summer and haven’t looked back. It takes amazing pictures and somehow, makes everyone look great. Plus, it’s durable and fits into almost all of my purses, which means it comes with me to frat parties, the beach and bars.
3) American Apparel Short Sleeve T-Shirt Leotard ($28): My black leotard is my go-to for any outfit. For nights out, I pair it with a skirt or dark jeans and accessories. During the day, I throw on a cardigan or scarf with it. The material sucks in my stomach for me, and since it’s black, it instantly makes me look and feel slimmer despite it’s tight fit.
4) Starbucks Vanilla Via ($5.95): Binghamton’s coffee is in one word, atrocious. It doesn’t give me the caffeine boost I often need, and the taste in general is watered down and plain crappy. Enter Via. Throw it into hot (or cold) water, add milk and sugar, and you instantly have a cup of Starbucks on the go. I keep these in my purse at all times.
5) Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm ($3): Without proper care, my lips get chapped every season of the year. But, with at least 10 of these Burt’s Bees laying in all of my bags, makeup cases and jacket pockets, I’m always prepared. Plus, there’s some peppermint oil in the formula that gives lips that refreshing tingle and can never hurt your breath. I also layer this under my lower-quality lipglosses and lipsticks to help them slide on easier and last longer. Tip: Apply under your eyes for quick cure puffiness.
6) mark Get In Line Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($6): I’ve mentioned this liquid eyeliner before, but never talked about my undying love for it. I received this eyeliner in a gift bag at the Independent Handbag Designer Awards last summer and since then, liquid eyeliner is part of my daily makeup routine. The brush on this liner has made it possible for me to achieve the cat eye and line my lids effortlessly. And for $6, who can beat it?
7) Stella McCartney ‘Stella’ Rollerball Perfume ($20): Although I’m not a big perfume person, nothing makes me feel sexier than this scent by Stella McCartney. In rollerball form, I can apply it exactly where I wan’t it (behind my ears and on my wrists) and then pop it straight into any pocketbook, big or small, for reapplication at any moment.
8) Louis Vuitton Key Pouch ($165): A key pouch has been part of my life since I started driving. It’s the perfect place to store my license and other things I never want to leave home without, while also keeping my keys in tow. When I’m on the go and don’t want to carry a full bag, this pouch is a savior.
9) Swatch Full Blooded Watch in Gold ($130): This watch, although not the best quality, is my go-to accessory. It adds a bold statement to every outfit. I’m obsessed. But Mom, if you’re reading this, I think my 20th birthday may call for a new Michael Kors one (or two) to replace it.
10) MAC Lipstick in Girl About Town ($14.50): My newest lipstick purchase has brightened up even the snowstorms that have been hitting NY. It makes me feel part Barbie, part outgoing, risky fashionista.