The truth is I have two makeup bags: one for my everyday makeup that can easily be thrown into an overnight bag or my pocketbook, and one that has all my fun stuff (colorful eyeshadows, bright lipsticks, etc.) for when I really want to go all out.
In this installment, I’m going to focus on my everyday makeup, which is all neatly stowed in a snakeskin H&M cosmetic bag!
(Keep in mind: some of these items are strictly in here for summer and I switch them up depending on the season.)
- Benefit Talk To The Tan Sheer Tint: With this product, it’s easy to over-do it and end up orange. Thankfully, I’ve learned how to apply just the right amount of this sheer bronzing gel. When you put it into your hands, the color may seem scary (very brown/orange), but using a small amount on your face gives a lovely bronze and is the perfect base for your makeup during the summer. Unfortunately, I think they may have discontinued this product! Guess I’ll be searching on eBay for it (and pssst, you should too!).
- Tweezerman Tweezers: This brand is known for their amazing tweezers, and their reputation is well deserved! I love keeping my eyebrows groomed, but I only end up getting them waxed once a month. These tweezers haven’t failed me in keeping my eyebrows beautiful between waxings.
- SENSAI 38°C Mascara in Smoky Green: This mascara is unreal. It will not come off until you use warm water. Try scrubbing it with makeup remover, eye makeup remover, anything but warm water, and it will not budge (trust me, I’ve tried). It defines every lash, never clumps, and stays on through sad movies and dips into the pool. That means no more dark circles under your eyes! Plus, the limited edition Smoky Green color is designed to make your bronze skin look even darker, which is perfect for summer.
- Stella Eau de Parfum by Stella McCartney Roll-on: Now that so many great fragrances are available in roll-ons, I no longer opt for a big bottle of perfume. Roll-ons target the exact spot you want to (your wrists, behind your ears) without over-doing it. Plus, they’re cheaper and more portable. Stella McCartney’s Stella is the sexiest, most feminine scent. Perfect for both day and night.
- Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara: This mascara is my favorite drugstore brand mascara. It separates like no other! I use this when I know I’ll be taking my makeup off sooner than later, such as when I don’t have a long day ahead of me, or when I plan on changing my makeup in a few hours.
- Stila Smudge Pots: This gel liner has been the best thing to happen to me when it comes to lining my upper lashes. With these smudge pots, you have control of the brush and the amount of product on it. I use this the most when I want a dramatic eye for a night out.
- Tarte Cheek Stain (Left: Tipsy, Right: Flush): Not one of my looks is complete without these babies. Not only are the colors vibrant, they last throughout the entire day, and give my face a dewy look because of their creamy texture. I use Tipsy during the summer and opt for Flush during the winter, although sometimes I do mix-and-match. They also look great as a lip stain!
- Kashuk Tools Large Black Kabuki Brush: I never go out without sweeping a little bronzer across my forehead, nose and cheeks. But, my bronzer would be nothing without my amazing bronzer brush!
- Angled Eye Brush: Perfect for my Stila Smudge Pot, this angled brush has a thin angle, making it hard to screw up my top eyeliner.
- MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy: Like I said before, I’m not much of an eyeliner girl. Often, dark colors on my bottom lashline look harsh. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want my eyes to pop! A MAC makeup artist recommended this for me. Its brown color and creamy texture stay on for hours without smudging and don’t give my eyes a sunken in look.
- NARS Bronzer in Laguna: I’m addicted to bronzer, and this is the one bronzer I’ve stuck with for years and years. I’ve gone through at least a dozen of them. Although it looks sparkly in its container, don’t be fooled: it gives you the perfect glow and bronze-goddess color. Thank you NARS, for making me look naturally tan even when I am in fact a pasty white ghost.
What are your favorite products? Which ones can’t you live without? Let us know in a comment! Feel free to link images of your own makeup bag, or to just tell us about the products you love!